Monday 13 May 2013

my journey to overcome anxiety part 1:medication


I still remember ,i was diagnosed with anxiety neurosis in 2011 by a medical officer at one of public hospital at Kuala Lumpur.Then he precribed me with An antidepressant lexapro escitalopram 10 mg and also lorezapan (Ativan) 0.5 mg.Then i skip my treatment because i feel there is no need to take my medication and also that time i didnt understand what is anxiety disorder because at that time i still young.Then one year later as told before,problem come.I cant adapt with my stress,i always overthinking,getting fear in rowded places.After one year,i went back to see my doctor and until today i continue back my medication and im feel glad that my conditions are back to normal.Basically,there are two types of therapies for anxiety patient that is medication and also cognitive behaviour therapy (cbt) that is conducted by a medical expert.Now i want to share u a little bit about anti anxiety medication.There are several types of medications to treat anxiety:

1)Antidepressant that is Tricylic,MAO inhibitors,Selective Serotonon Reuptake inhibator (ssri)

2)Benzodiazepines or better known as transquilizer .It seem like a perfect medication to treat anxiety because it work rapidly,often quelling a symptomps within 15 to 20 minutes.There are many types of Benzodiazepines including ativan,klonopin,xanax and valium.

3)Miscallaneous transquilizers,there are two types that are buspar and ativan.

Make sure u consult ur doctor first before taking any of medication above for a security reasons.I will share a information about psychotherapy or cbt in my next post..bye2..have a nice day.

 

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried counselling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes..i had undergone a physcotherapy with one of the speacalist in my places and my conditions is quite improve now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! i am very impressed with your lovely post.. I am so glad to left comment on this..This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here….
    anxiety natural remedies

    ReplyDelete