Saturday 25 May 2013

my medicine side effects..need help

Currently,i was prescribed by doctor with lexapro  10 mg and klonopin (clonazepam) 0.5 mg.What it makes me happy is that its totally work for treating my anxiety and panic disorder.There is no more fear,no more worry,no more attacks.But what it makes me uncomfartable is the medication is totally make me always feel so sleepy..I always overslept and i take about 12-13 hours sleep daily.It totally make my parents worried about my conditions now.Its totally confusing me now whether to continue the medication or to stop it.If i stop it,panic and anxiety maybe attack me again..and i feel quite worried if i develop relapse.I totally under dilemma now.The medication has both prons and cons..

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. I know what you mean about the medication side effects. I was sleeping all the time when I was on ativan or klonopin.

    I think you have seen my blog and so you probably know my views on medication are that it is not a treatment for panic disorder, as it is not actually treating the disorder it just alleviates some of the symptoms. I would definitely have the goal of trying to get off of the medication eventually once you learn how to effectively retrain your brain to not be scared of the panic attacks. It is great that the meds make you feel better but the ultimate goal, at least for me, was to face the fears and get control over the panic attacks. That way you never have to be scared of a relapse again because you know that the attacks are under your control. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the advice..so should i stop the medication now?

    ReplyDelete